Garbage & Recycling
Household garbage and recyclables should be placed in a container at the curb the evening prior to the scheduled day of collection. There is a limit of three 30-gallon bags per household. Pick up day for the village is every Tuesday, except for the following 2021 holidays:
- Memorial Day (May 31) will be picked up on Wednesday, June 2
Independence Day (July 4) will be picked up on Wednesday, July 7– Casella will circle the village again on Tuesday, July 6. Place garbage/recyclables at your curb as soon as possible. Casella will make one TRASH ONLY run on Wednesday, July 7.
- Labor Day (September 6) will be picked up on Wednesday, September 8
Items That Will Not Be Picked Up
- Discarded clothing
- Wood or yard waste
- TV or computer monitors
- Liquid waste
- Scrap steel
- Construction waste
The Chautauqua County Transfer Station on S. Work Street in Falconer can be reached at 665-6894 for information on disposal.
Do not put syringes of any type in garbage or recycling! Call UPMC Chautauqua for information on disposal (487-0141).
There is no need to sort recyclables. Simply place all acceptable items into a marked recycling container. Please do not put recyclables in plastic bags.
- Clean boxboard (shoe boxes, cereal boxes, etc.)
- Office paper
- Junk mail
- Envelopes (regular and manila)
- File folders
- Computer paper
- Sticky notes
- Cardstock paper
- Aluminum cans
- Tin cans
- Plastic bottles (clear plastic water and juice bottles, milk jugs, etc.)
Not Acceptable Items
- Food waste
- Plastic bags
- Printer cartridges (inkjet or toner)
- Cell phones
- Computers or other electronics
- Glassware or glass of any kind
- Colored plastic
- Ridged plastic (laundry baskets, pails, etc.)
For questions concerning recycling, please contact the Village of Falconer or Casella at (716) 483-5128.