April 8, 2019 Work Session
Mayor James R. Rensel
Trustee Deette Dispenza-Absent
Trustee Timothy Dunn
Trustee James Jaroszynski
Trustee J. Michael Steele
Lawrence Trask, Treasurer
Anna L. Fales, Village Clerk
Peter C. Fuller, DPW Superintendent
The work session meeting of the Village of Falconer Mayor and Board of Trustees was held on Monday, April 8, 2019 at 5:45 P.M. in the Community Building Board Room with Mayor James Rensel presiding.
No visitors were present.
The current village Procurement Policy was reviewed and discussed. Mayor Rensel stated that it is important for the village to be more fiscally conscientious and that a Requisition Policy should be considered as an amendment to the current policy.
The board discussed and considered several options for minimum purchase requirements and how they might affect efficiencies of work flow in each department.
The following recommendations were made:
- Bulk requisitions should be submitted by the DPW superintendent for items such as topsoil, stone, salt, asphalt, etc….
- Only one (1) village credit card should be issued and held in the Treasurer’s office. All other credit cards should be turned into the treasurer immediately and no further purchases made.
- Work related travel expenses over $125 per person require a purchase requisition and approval PRIOR to arranging the trip. Reimbursement for all approved travel expenses will be reimbursed based on detailed receipts. If receipts are lost, misplaced, etc., no reimbursement will be made.
- Expenses for spouses, partners, and guests are not reimbursable, unless the spouse, partner or guest is on approved work-related trip.
- Work related travel meals will be reimbursed up to $60/day for each employee and may NOT include tips or alcohol. Detailed receipts will be required for reimbursement.
- ALL other purchases above $125 require a pre-approved requisition form detailing each item to be purchased. Multiple items are to be considered as one purchase and included in the total of $125 minimum.
- Failure to follow policy will result in… (This item was tabled by the board).
Trustee Jaroszynski made a motion, seconded by Trustee Dunn to adjourn at 6:47 pm. The next work session will be held on May 13, 2019 at 5:45 pm. Ayes: Dunn, Steele, Jaroszynski, Catanese and Rensel. Carried.
Anna L. Fales